Sign in to follow this  
Spirit

FAQ about account sharing rule

Posted on: March 20, 2017, 03:53:26 am

------------------------------------------------------------

Just some frequently asked questions and concerns about the update to account sharing rule. Feel free to clarify any doubts (after reading the topic, of course)

Q: Why was this new clause implemented?
A: We have always been discouraging account sharing, but it has nonetheless been rampant. Worse still, many players report "bugs", "scams", and "hacking", when in fact their problem was caused by account sharing or trading.
This has wasted many hours of our staff's time; time that could have been used on genuine cases.
As such, henceforth we will be banning players who violate this rule. 

Q: Can I play on multiple IPs (e.g. my house and my parent's house), as long as I am the only user of the account? 
A: Yes.

Q: What if I want to lend / give my account to a friend, get them to help me take DGB items, or am already sharing an account? 
A: We will not be actively investigating every single account and banning everyone on suspicion of account sharing.
However, if we receive reports of any issues, and we find that it was caused by account sharing, we will ban all players and accounts involved.

Q: What exactly will be banned?
A:
Examples of bannable offenses:
- Reporting that you were bugged/hacked/scammed, when you have in fact shared your account. For instance, if one user changes the email or password while the other is logged on, and the account gets bugged, that's your own problem for account sharing.
- Any other bannable offense committed by a user on the account will result in the account being banned, regardless of whether it was a shared or bought account.

Examples of non-bannable acts:
- Playing at two different places, so long as you are the only user of the account (you can't be at two places at the same time)

• Confused 1