Sign in to follow this  
Spirit

Sandbox Monitoring

Posted on: January 15, 2016, 09:29:08 pm

------------------------------------------------------------

Ingame Rule — Sandboxing

You are only allowed to have multiple clients open using sandboxie as long as :
Only one of the clients is staging, and the rest are in a square.
The maximum amount of clients a player may have open at any given time is three.

If one of the sandboxes is not in the square, you are in violation of the rule.

How to sandbox : 
[1] Open Lunia.exe, don't press StartGame.
[2] Open Lunia.exe in a sandbox, don't press StartGame
[3] Press StartGame on both.

If you are caught in violation of the rule, you will be banned for 2 days, for every client opened.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Revised October 3rd, 2015
Effective as of October 4, 2015 at 05:00:00 AM server time.

Revised January 8th, 2016. (Added a maximum client count limit to the rule.)

Hi, as you all know, sandboxing is a pretty abused annoyance.
When it was not allowed, people farmed stages with themselves to earn lots of rewards.
When we relaxed the count for square mules, people decided to run over ten clients.
And now we have restricted the count of sandboxes as well.

The issue is that, however, every time we ban a user, they claim : 
GM, BUT IS MY BROTHER.
GM, BUT IS MY SISTER.
GM, BUT IS MY GIRLFRIEND.
GM, BUT IS MY AUNT.
GM, BUT IS MY FLYING SPACE SPAGHETTI MONSTER PET.
And then they try to argue with us, even though we have always been actively monitoring sandbox use, and are actually able to tell when a user is using a sandbox and when they are not.

Since the players trying to play a game of hearsay, I have decided to create an additional tool to the client. This tool is called a Sandbox Monitor. While we do not need this tool to see you sandboxing, we feel that it will hopefully open these users eyes, and show them that we are monitoring sandbox activity. This way, they cannot claim that their flying space spaghetti monster was playing on a different computer. 

This tool will automatically be patched into the client, and it can simply be disabled.
The tool will give the user an option to display the sandbox monitor, however this will not change the fact that we still are able to monitor your Lunia.

When you open Lunia for the first time, if the Sandbox Monitor is not already running, it will let you know that it is opening, and when it is actively monitoring. It will also create an icon in your system tray.
Sandbox1a.png
Sandbox1b.png

When it notices that you have a Lunia open, it will automatically generate a tiny icon in the top left corner of your monitor's screen, which will always be on top. It will either be invisible [no clients], display a 1/2/3, or display a red warning sign!
Sandbox1.png

If you go over the maximum amount of clients(3), it will not close anything. It will simply display an alert, and begin to play a "nezi horn." This sound and display will remain until the client count drops to under 3. The purpose here is to simply alert you that you are in risk of receiving a ban, as you are now undoubtedly in violation of the sandbox rule, giving you a chance to close a client!
Sandbox2.png

If for some reason you do not wish to have this program monitoring things, then you always have the option to disable the monitoring. Perhaps you are not sandboxing anyways, and this tool does not even apply to you!
Sandbox3.png
*However, if you choose to close or stop the sandbox monitor, you will never be given the benefit of the doubt if you are banned for sandboxing. Sentences where a user has attempted to conceal their sandboxing will result in double-time penalties for sandboxing.

When you disable the monitor, it will immediately stop, and notify you that the service has stopped.
Sandbox4.png

Happy Gaming!

• Like 1